THE FORTUNATE PLANET
Responsible for all matters:
the fortunate planet ag
in cooperation with:
The fortunate planet ag respects your privacy. The fortunate planet ag and its affiliates (“tfp” or the “Company”) offer mapping, GPS navigation, community based services and reward services of www.thefortunateplanet.com (the “Website”) and/or users of tfp’s mobile applications (the “Application”) (collectively referred to as the “Services”). When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
To use our Services you must be 12 years of age or older. If you are under 12, you may not download or use the Services.
You can adjust your Privacy Settings in the tfp app and choose which personal information we may collect about you and how your information is used.
Contact tfp – Privacy concerns reports
User Accounts & Accessing the Services
- Tfp may allow you to connect your non-registered account with other devices and browsers (for example by using a QR code) and, if you choose to do so, information collected from these devices and browsers will be linked to your non-registered account.
- With the exception described in the bullet below, and as explained in the section Visibility below, your Account and the information associated with your Account (including your unique identifier) will be visible only to tfp; and
- Note that in order to access certain features of the Services (for example map editing, spotting, disposing) you will need to register your account.
If you do register your Account:
- Tfp will link all of your information with your registered Account. This includes information received from all devices and browsers which you have chosen to sign in ;
- With the exception described in the bullet below and as explained in the section Visibility below, your Account and information associated with your Account will be visible only to tfp; and
- When using the Services, your approximate location and other information you may choose to contribute will be visible to other users associated with this Account.
- Tfp may also establish and require from time to time additional or different means of identification and authentication for logging in and accessing the Services or for accessing certain features or designated sections of the Services.
- Your login details are your responsibility. You are fully accountable for any use or misuse of your Account and personal details as a result of conveying your login details to someone else. You must maintain your login details in absolute confidentiality and avoid disclosing them to others. If you set a password, make sure that you change your password frequently and at least once every six months.
Information that is being collected
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services
Tfp collects information to provide better services to all its users – from figuring out stuff like what’s the best route to a trash can, to more complex things like monitoring waste flows so you know where to dispose, and showing you relevant ads while using tfp. The information tfp collects, and how that information is used, depends on how you choose to use our services and how you manage your privacy controls.
Information you create or provide to us:
- Account Information: information required when setting up an Account, such as your name, email address. Bear in mind that false, incorrect, or out-dated information may impair tfp’s ability to provide you with the Services and to contact you when necessary. Tfp will explicitly indicate the fields for mandatory completion. If you do not enter the requisite data in these fields, you may not be able to register your Account or to be provided with certain features, such as explained in the above section “User Accounts & Accessing the Services”); and/or
- Information that you choose to share with tfp: information that you choose to share with tfp, including a username you have chosen, reports associated with your username, phone number, disposal places, “home” or “work”, other “favorites”, destinations you may travel to, search queries, steps, time (if you choose to activate and use certain Service features like time to leave reminders) and files you have uploaded to the service, including pictures, if applicable. You can also choose to add payment information to your Account, if applicable, specifically for paid services. Even if you aren’t registered to a tfp Account, you might choose to provide us with information.
- Communication which you choose to conduct through the tfp Services: if you choose to use tfp to communicate with other tfp users or third parties through the tfp Services, such as chat messages or sending pinned locations on the tfp platform. We may also collect information when you exchange communication with tfp, for example, if you submit a request, contact tfp’s support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
- Information from your social networks which you choose to connect to your tfp Account: you may choose to connect your tfp Account to your social network account(s). If you choose to do so, you may choose to share with tfp and/or other users information from your social network accounts like other personal information shared by you.
- “You may also provide additional information that will be used to personalize the Services and enhance your experience with the Services.
Information we collect as you use our services
We collect information about your activity in the Services, which we use to provide you with the Services of tfp, including features which are meant to personalize your experience. This includes things like finding you the preferred route and proposing favorites or destinations commonly visited by you to streamline your disposals. The activity information we collect may include:
- Detailed location. Location and route information is collected for example in the form of GPS signals (combined with a time-stamp), IP address and other information from sensors and receivers on or around your device,on which the Application is installed and activated. This location and route information is saved to a route history of all of the journeys you have made while using the Application. The types of location data we collect depends in part on your device and account settings. For example, depending on your selected device settings and/or your account settings we may collect information about your location and travel (or lack thereof) also while you are not using the app, in order to be able to tell you when another user disposed at a trash can in your area, notify you about waste news in your area, analyze how effective our ads are and more;
- Terms or venues you searched;
- Your views and interactions with content and ads;
- Communication or other content you chose to share with any third party, including tfp users through the Services;
- Your activity on third-party sites and apps that you chose to link to your tfp account or that you interact with through the Service.
Meta-data (information about your device, browser and app use):
Tfp collects information about the use of the Services and information from the device you have tfp installed on or the browser from which you use our Services. For example:
- Tfp may collect and record how often you use our Services and for how long, your device type, unique identifiers, operating system type & version, battery usage, the third party web pages or applications you visit or use or interact with via the Application, information that you viewed on our Services, advertisements that are shown to you or that you view or click on, the fact that you used the Services to communicate with other users and the fact that you used third parties application/services via tfp to communicate with third parties, and the duration of such communications, the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the name of the domain that serves you to access the Services, and the geographic location of the device that you are using to log in and use tfp on.
- Tfp may also collect information about apps installed on your device that tfp can link with – such as third party music or media audio service apps (e.g. Facebook).
- We also collect information about the interaction of your devices with our Services, including, crash reports, system activity, and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request.
Information we collect about you from our partners
We work with ad partners, including advertisers on our platform and entities that belong to the Google group of companies, in order to show you more relevant and useful ads based on your tfp activity and information associated with your device’s identifier (i.e, Advertising identifiers or similar technologies) shared with us by our ad partners. Your device’s identifier can be managed in your device’s settings.
We may also receive aggregated, non-personally identifiable information and analysis from third parties measurement services which help us understand how our users interact with our ads. We may also receive information from third party services about how tfp’s own marketing efforts performed on third party sites or platforms.
We use various technologies to collect and store information, including, cookies, Advertising ID available on Android mobile devices or similar technologies, local storage, browser web storage, application data caches, databases, and server logs.
Why tfp collects data
Tfp may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
Provide our services
We use your information to deliver our services. For example:
- Use your location and/or search query history to provide disposal navigation services and to provide information about sites, shops and other places and attractions in your close vicinity; and
- To share your submissions with other users of the Services and to facilitate communication between you, tfp and other users.
Maintain & improve our services
- We also use your information to ensure our services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues you report to us. And we use your information to improve the service or to develop new features or services.
- We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. For example, we analyze data about your usage of the Services to do things like optimize product design. We also use the data we collected about the ads you view or interact with (e.g. click on) to help advertisers understand the performance of their ad campaigns and to provide them with aggregated reports. We may also use data to measure the usability and effectiveness of tfp’s own marketing efforts on third party sites or platforms.
Communicate with you
- We also use your information to send you updates, notices, announcements, users’ requests and additional information related to the Services (including through push notifications, email address and SMS);
- We may also use your information to conduct surveys and questionnaires; And if you contact tfp we may keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing.
- Subject to your prior indication of consent (to the extent required under applicable law), we may also use the email address that you provided to send you promotional and/or marketing materials. At any time you may choose not to receive such materials by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the email messages that we may send to you. In any case, tfp will not share your contact details with any advertiser, unless explicitly permitted or required by law.
To protect tfp, our users, the public and for Legal reasons
We may also use and process your information and content, using different technologies to the following purposes:
- To contact you when tfp believes it to be necessary;
- To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when tfp has a good faith belief that tfp’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
- To detect abuse and illegal activity; to detect and prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
- To handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
- To take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Services, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- To help improve the safety and reliability of our Services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to security risks, and technical issues that could harm tfp, our users, or the public;
- To create aggregated and/or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user). See “How does tfp use aggregated information”, below;
When tfp shares your information
Tfp does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
Tfp will not share your personal information with others, without your permission, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in tfp’s good-faith discretion:
- As necessary for the facilitation and operation of the Services. For example, making public waste disposals you report and which are associated with your username and your location;
- If tfp is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and tfp, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- In any case where tfp reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of tfp, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law, including to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- To collect, store, hold and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to tfp, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in the European Union and the U.S.A., potentially countries outside of your jurisdiction;
- Tfp may also share personal information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with tfp, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies (i.e. entities that belong to the Google group of companies);
- We work with other Google’s services (such as Google Display and Video 360) for advertising and ad measurement purposes. In order to help advertisers decide what ads to show on tfp, Google, and websites & apps that partner with Google, we may share information with these services, such as a unique identifier for advertising (i.e, Advertising ID available on Android mobile devices or similar technologies). You can learn more about how Google uses information from sites or apps that use its services and how you can control that from Google.
- We also work with selected advertising and measurement services which help us understand how our users interact with ads served in our platform and in order to provide marketing, advertising and measurement services for tfp with respect to tfp’s own marketing efforts, by using and sharing devices’ identifiers (i.e, Advertising ID, cookies or similar technologies).
- Personal information may also be shared with tfp’s trusted partners and service providers to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. For example, we use service providers to help us with customer services.
Please note that your username and some other information will be visible to others. Note that your username will be included along with any information you submit for posting (such as disposals or chat messages). It will therefore be visible to others. Also – your friends on tfp will see your name & profile photo and any other information you chose to share with them.
Controlling your personal information
You can always review and update certain information by visiting your Account & Login settings (such as your phone, name, photo and more).
If you find that the information associated with your Account is not accurate, complete or updated, then you should make all necessary changes to correct it. Please keep in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may prevent you from setting up an Account and impair the ability to provide you with Services.
Deleting your information
If you would like us to delete your Account, please use the “Delete Account” function available under the in-app Privacy Setting. On receiving such a request, tfp will use reasonable efforts to delete such information, however please note that information may not be deleted immediately from our back-up systems. We aim to initiate the deletion process immediately after your request. Once we receive your request, your data will no longer be used to personalize your tfp experience. We then begin a process designed to safely and completely delete the data from our storage systems. This process generally takes around 10 months from the time of deletion. As with any deletion process, things like routine maintenance, unexpected outages, bugs, or failures in our protocols may cause delays in the processes and time frames defined in this policy. We maintain systems designed to detect and remediate such issues.
Tfp allows advertisers to run ad campaigns on the Services.
The information and advertisements that you see when accessing the Services may be targeted on the basis of your current tfp activity, such as your current location, your destination or contextual information based on your current session.
Depending on your settings, you may also see ads personalized to you based on:
- Information we received from you (for example, your saved “Home” & “Work” addresses)
- Past activity and search query history (for example, drives that appear in your drive list)
- Information from our ad partners, including entities that belong to the Google group of companies and other trusted ad partners.
You can decide whether we’ll show you personalized ads or not through your in-app Privacy Settings–>Ads personalization. Note: turning Ads personalization off does not turn off ads – only their personalization.
Tfp considers information security to be a top priority. Tfp services are built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. Tfp implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risk of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. For example, we review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to tfp employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
The insights we gain from maintaining our services help us detect and automatically block security threats from ever reaching you.
However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although tfp takes great efforts to protect your personal information, tfp cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that tfp’s databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Last modified: 15.10.2020
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.